A weekly Sunday e-mail that tells you what's coming up
Effective April 23, 2019
Collection of Information
We may collect personal information about our users in various ways. For example, we may collect information that you provide to us, information about your use of the Services, and information from publicly available sources or third parties.
- Information You Provide to Us. You may provide information directly to us in several different ways. For example, when you subscribe to our newsletter, contact us with questions or feedback, register for a contest or sweepstakes, or otherwise provide information directly to us, we may ask you to provide your name, email address, postal address, phone number, or other information.
- Information About Your Use of the Services. We may collect certain information about you and your computer or your device when you use the Services, including:
- Device information. We may collect information concerning your computer and other devices used to access the services. For example, we may collect your hardware model, IP address, other unique identifiers, operating system version, and browser type and settings of the device you use to access the Services.
- Information From Third-Party Sources. We may receive information about you from publicly and commercially available sources, as permitted by law, which we may combine with other information we receive from or about you. For example, we may receive information about you from a social media site if you connect to the Services through that site.
- Other Information We Collect. We also may collect other information about you, your device, or your use of the Services in ways that we describe to you at the point of collection or otherwise with your consent. You may choose not to provide us with certain types of information, but doing so may affect your ability to use some of the Services.
Use of Information
We use the information we collect and receive for the following purposes:
- To Provide the Services. This includes, for example, using information to deliver the Services, to provide technical support, to respond to user inquiries, to administer your participation in our contests, sweepstakes, fantasy or interactive games, or other promotions, to notify you about updates to our Services, or to manage your account.
- To Contact You. We may use information we collect and receive to respond to questions that you may submit to us via the Services or to communicate with you about our products, services, and promotions, such as emailing press releases, company announcements, or marketing materials. You may opt out of receiving commercial email messages from us by following the instructions contained in those email messages.
- To Better Understand Our Users. We may use information we collect and receive to continually improve the Services and enhance your experience with the Services, including using information to determine which areas of the Services are most frequently visited.
- To Provide Effective Advertising and Marketing. We may use the information we collect and receive to provide advertisements for our Services and certain third-party services and to send you promotional communications. (Please see below the Your Privacy Choices section in connection with promotional messages.)
- For any other purpose disclosed to you at the time we collect your information, or pursuant to your consent.
Sharing of Information
We may share your information with the following entities:
- Affiliates and Partners. We may share your information with our affiliates—companies that control, are controlled by, or are under common control with Wendi.
- Service Providers. We may share your information with third-party service providers that provide a variety of services on our behalf. For example, we may rely on service providers to provide web analytics, data processing, advertising, email distribution, and other services.
- Business Partners. We may share your information with select business partners where permitted by law so that they can provide you with materials that may be of interest to you. These business partners are expected to protect the confidentiality, integrity, and security of the information we share with them. However, we are not responsible for the privacy practices of our business partners.
- Other Parties When Required by Law or as Necessary to Protect Our Services. There may be instances when we disclose your information to other parties in order to:
- protect the legal rights of Wendi, its affiliates, and the users of the Services;
- protect the safety and security of users of the Services;
- prevent fraud (or for risk management purposes); or
- comply with or respond to the law or legal process or a request for cooperation by a government entity, whether or not legally required.
- Other Parties in Aggregated Form. We may share your information with third parties in aggregated or de-identified form.
- Other Parties in Connection With a Transfer of Assets. If we make a sale or transfer of assets, or are otherwise involved in a merger or transfer, or in the unlikely event of bankruptcy, we may transfer your information to one or more third parties as part of that transaction.
Links to Third-Party Sites
Our Services may link to third-party websites and services that are outside our control. We are not responsible for the security or privacy of any information collected by other websites or other services. You should exercise caution when accessing such websites and review the privacy statements applicable to the third-party websites and services you use.
Your Privacy Choices
- Email Promotions. You may opt out of receiving commercial email messages from us by following the instructions contained in those email messages.
Protection of Information
We use reasonable physical, technical, and administrative measures to safeguard information in our possession against loss, theft and unauthorized use, disclosure, or modification. Please note, however, that no data transmission or storage can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, although we strive to protect the information we maintain, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information that you transmit to us.
We do not knowingly collect any personal information from children under the age of 13 without parental consent, unless permitted by law. If we learn that a child under the age of 13 has provided us with personal information, we will delete it in accordance with applicable law.
The Services are intended for a U.S. audience. If you access the Services from outside the United States, please be aware that information you provide to us or that we obtain as a result of your use of the Services may be processed and transferred to the United States and be subject to U.S. law. The privacy and data protection laws in the United States may not be equivalent to such laws in your country of residence. By using our Services, you consent to the collection, transfer, storage, and processing of information to and in the United States.
Some web browsers may transmit “do-not-track” signals to the websites and other online services with which the browser communicates. There is no standard that governs what, if anything, websites and online services should do when they receive these signals. We currently do not take action in response to these signals. If and when a standard for responding is established, we may revisit our policy on responding to these signals.
* * *
Cookies, Web Beacons, and Similar Technologies
Wendi—as well as certain third parties that may provide content, advertising and other functionality on the Services—uses a variety of technologies to learn more about how people use the Services and the Internet. These technologies may be used to collect personally identifiable information about an individual’s online activities over time and across different web services. This section provides more information about some of those technologies and how they work.
- Collect information about your browsing activities in order to provide you with more relevant content and ads, on and off the Services; and
- Relate the information automatically collected when you use the Services to information we obtain from you directly or from commercially available sources.
- Other local storage. We, along with third parties, use other kinds of local storage, such as Local Shared Objects (also referred to as “Flash cookies”) and HTML5 local storage, in connection with the Services. These technologies are similar to the cookies discussed above in that they are stored on your computer and can be used to store certain information about your activities and preferences. However, these objects are stored in different parts of your computer from ordinary browser cookies, and so you might not be able to control them using standard browser tools and settings. The method for disabling HTML5 will vary depending on your browser. Information about disabling or deleting information contained in Flash cookies can be found here.
- Web beacons. We, along with third parties, may also use technologies called Web beacons that communicate information from your Internet browser to a web server. Web beacons can be embedded in web pages, videos, or emails, and can allow a web server to read certain types of information from your browser, check whether you have viewed a particular web page or email message, and determine, among other things, the time and date that you viewed the Web beacon, the IP address of your computer, and the URL of the web page from which the Web beacon was viewed. We and third parties use Web beacons for a variety of purposes, including analyzing the use of the Services and in conjunction with cookies to provide content and ads that are more relevant to you.